Hot Sale 2022: What You Need to Know to Boost Sales This Year
Table of Contents
This year, Mexico’s highly anticipated Hot Sale 2022 event will run from May 23 to May 31. If you’re an eCommerce merchant in the Mexican or Latin American market, this might be of your interest. Here’s what you need to know about maximizing sales during this annual discount campaign.
What is Mexico’s Hot Sale?
The Mexican Association of Online Sales (AMVO) just launched the Hot Sale campaign in May of 2014. It has quickly become one of the most popular online shopping events in Mexico. The annual Hot Sale offers shoppers plenty of discounts and special promotions when buying online. Hot Sale in Mexico is similar to Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales in the U.S.
Important Data to Know
- According to the AMVO, nearly 80% of regular online shoppers will be virtually attending this year’s Hot Sale event.
- 90% of these shoppers are expected to purchase a product or service online.
- The AVMO predicts that fashion and electronics will continue to be the most popular product categories in 2022, with household tools, video games, and furniture following closely behind.
- In 2021, major brands like LG, PayPal, eBay, Mercado Libre, PriceTravel, Samsung, and Sony participated in the Hot Sale campaign.
- This year, shoppers can look forward to deals from popular retailers such as Adidas, American Eagle, Nespresso, Nike, Sears, The Home Depot, and Walmart.
- Last year, the Hot Sale event attracted 11.6 million online shoppers. A total of 15.6 million products were sold through various merchant websites, collectively accumulating about 567 million visits.
- This year, even more shoppers are expected to participate in the week of online discounts. This is why merchants need to be prepared for this opportunity.
Tips for Increasing Sales in 2022
The eCommerce market in Mexico has been steadily growing over the past several years, becoming one of the fastest-growing eCommerce markets in the world. As a result, there are thousands of local businesses and international enterprises competing for attention during the Hot Sale 2022. Therefore, merchants need to make sure they’re doing everything they can to attract and convert customers.
If you’re planning to offer special promotions or deals during Mexico’s Hot Sale campaign this year, here are some of the best tips for increasing your store’s online visibility and maximizing your profits.
Follow SEO Best Practices
It doesn’t matter how great your store is if your business doesn’t appear in search engine results! To make sure your target audience will be able to find you during the Hot Sale campaign, do an SEO checkup on your website.
You can start by performing keyword research and incorporating any relevant terms into your product pages and headers. Next, optimize all images and graphics so that they load quickly for shoppers, no matter what kind of device they’re using to browse your store. Finally, look for any broken links, missing pages, or other navigational issues on your site.
Think Mobile First
87% of online shoppers in Mexico use their mobile devices to browse websites and make purchases. You could miss out on thousands of potential customers if you don’t optimize your website for mobile users. To accommodate mobile-savvy browsers, ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and loads quickly. Most people will leave right away if a site isn’t convenient for them to use, so make sure you thoroughly test your site for mobile compatibility before the Hot Sale begins.
Speed Up Your Website
The majority of online shoppers will abandon your site if a page takes longer than a few seconds to load. You can check your website performance metrics with Google Lighthouse. This is a free tool that will analyze the three Core Web Vitals: Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS). After conducting its analysis, Google Lighthouse will offer actionable recommendations for improving these metrics if necessary.
Offer Alternative Payment Methods
Andreas Farge, a senior analyst at Americas Market Intelligence (AMI), explains that social commerce and the Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) model are two of the most important online shopping trends for Mexican retailers to pay attention to. 57% of online shoppers in Mexico have made purchases through a social platform without leaving the app, and Facebook and WhatsApp are particularly influential for customers. According to recent surveys, approximately 94.3% of Mexican internet users regularly use WhatsApp, and 88% of shoppers have Facebook accounts.
If you want to learn more about the Hot Sale 2022 campaign and what you can expect this year’s event to look like, check out the event’s official website here!